Old Ohavi Zedek Synagogue

Old Ohavi Zedek Synagogue


Burlington, Vermont (VT), US
The first synagogue built in Burlington, started by 18 people in 1885; the name means "Lovers of Justice." The congregation, affectionately known as "OZ,", now some 400 families, has a somewhat more modern (1958) facility a few blocks away. This building is now occupied by the Ahavath Garem congregation.
The first synagogue built in Burlington, started by 18 people in 1885; the name means "Lovers of Justice." The congregation, affectionately known as "OZ,", now some 400 families, has a somewhat more modern (1958) facility a few blocks away. This building is now occupied by the Ahavath Garem congregation.
View in Google Earth Religious - Misc
Links: www.waymarking.com
By: kkeps

Advertisement

Around the World Mailing List

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement