1915. Inactive. Light centered on the roof of a 1-story fog signal building. This lighthouse was maintained by keepers from Point Knox. The light, which marked the entrance to Raccoon Strait between Angel Island and the mainland, has been replaced by an offshore buoy. Located on the west side of Angel Island about 1/2 mi (800 m) north of Point Knox. Practically inaccessible (the light is on a platform halfway up a steep bluff) but it should be possible to view the light from above. Site and tower closed.