Forums

Login expiring very quickly

Pages: 1
Parabellum
07/10/05 07:08 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I love Google Globetrotting, but I have to keep re-logging in, even if I keep GGT in an open window. It's a real pain.

Is there something I can do to stay logged in, or do you guys have the logins set to expire rapidly for some reason?

TIA,
Parabellum
nic
07/11/05 01:57 AM

The login is set to expire at 24 hours, it is expiring quicker than that?

Please note logins are not saved if you exit your browser, though I hope to add a 'save my cookie' option so it auto-logs you in soon.

Let me know.
TexasAndroid
07/11/05 08:35 AM

Logins have never expired in 24 hours. Never timed them, but 24 minutes would sound closer to how the site works. Not immediate, but I generally have to log in quite a few times over the course of a day. Never thought to complain about it, but sounds like there's a bug in there somewhere.
TexasAndroid
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
Parabellum
07/11/05 06:20 PM

Oddly enough, this BBS kept me logged in overnight, while the main site login usually drops in about an hour.
Kooothor
08/26/05 02:44 PM

A permanent cookie will be welcome. It's boring to login each time.
AlbinoFlea
08/26/05 03:37 PM

I've never had an issue with this... I've been logged in today for 5 hours without any trouble.

Could this be a browser/firewall setting issue?

AlbinoFlea
TexasAndroid
08/26/05 03:53 PM

Nic changed this a month or so, at least as far as time-out length goes. Previously logins were being dropped in an hour or so. Now, while maybe not infinite, the logins generally last as long as you keep the browser running. A cookie would be even nicer, and is on Nic's to-do list, I beleive, but the current situation is much better than it used to be.
TexasAndroid
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
nic
08/27/05 12:22 AM

The login will stay as long as you keep your browser open up to 24h. I plan on adding cookie support this wkend (quite easy to do).
Kooothor
08/27/05 08:47 AM

That will be great Nic.
nic
08/29/05 03:32 AM

Persistent logins (across browser loads) has been added. Simply select "Remember Me", and your login info will last for 30 days.

Let me know of any problems.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 20 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4755