Forums

Map Submission Preview

Pages: 1
mlc1us
05/01/07 03:14 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
All too often I find that I have made some stupid mistake in a submission, and have to pester a moderator to fix it. Would it be possible to add a preview, like you have for forum posts, so a map can be reviewed and edited before submission.

Thanks
nic
05/01/07 04:23 PM

I like that suggestion, and it's shouldn't be too hard to add. I have put it on my todo list
milwhcky
05/01/07 05:34 PM

I agree with that suggestion, as I imagine I've made more mistakes than I realize, and could have corrected on my own with a preview. Apologies to the moderators for all of my goofs, past and future.

Another suggestion I have is to have larger input fields on the submission page. Seeing the whole (or more of) the map URL and descriptions would make it easier to catch mistakes before they are submitted.
Parabellum
05/01/07 05:40 PM

Some good ideas here. Nic's todo list is getting longer, and longer, and longer....

And don't worry about goofs. That's what Mods are there for. Mods make goofs too. We just have the ability to fix them before anyone notices. {8^)
VGT Moderator
pmoore66
12/28/07 02:01 PM

Although this an older thread, I have also fallen victim to the error page and many mistakes. If there is a Lat/Long error or a required field is missed, some of the fields don't repopulate; namely thumbnail, category and state(i think).

Would be nice to retain those short of a preview page.
PMOORE66
sculpture/architecture advocate
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 42 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3946