Forums

Tom Gores' House

Pages: 1
borlefborlef
10/10/09 12:44 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/diane-keatons-house-former/view/?service=1

This home is now owned by Tom Gores, a billionaire investor.

Please correct.

Do I have to post on the forums every time for a correction or will someone start updating when people comment on the map?
Pdunn
10/10/09 02:11 PM

Thanks, borlefborlef.

We prefer that updates of this nature are made to the comments panel of the map it is intended for. However, in this case, since you are not the map's original submitter, we would need some corroborating material indicating the house in question has changed hands before we altered the original posting. We often get claims and counter claims of various residences, and without that corroboration it's impossible to know which claim is the right one.

Also, since this house is listed as a "former" residence of Dianne Keaton, the change of ownership does not change the historical significance of the original posting. However, we can always add the current owner in the "more info" pane, once it has been confirmed.

Edited by Pdunn (10/10/09 02:14 PM)
tlp333
10/10/09 03:01 PM

The post you refer to above is mine. I would prefer it remain the former home of Diane Keaton as the title. You can put whatever update you like in the comments and I may or may not decide to change it myself, but I would prefer to be the one to make that decision. Thanks!
borlefborlef
10/10/09 03:33 PM

Then could the admins put in the title the current owner. Because it's all good that is WAS someone's house way back when, but now that it IS someone else's it should say that on the title. If we keep everything as who owned it first, people will always see the same name on the house and things will never change. Especially because when you post in comments, it doesn't get renewed to "latest added" and when you type in a person's name, who's house it is, it won't show up, so if I look up Tom Gores to find his houses, the house that Diane Keaton once owner, that Tom Gores now owns, won't show up and that's the whole point of this.

All of my claims are from blockshopper and are up to date, and I also personally know that Tom Gores owns it anyway.
borlefborlef
10/10/09 03:33 PM

if the title is not going to be updated then a duplicate map should be permitted with proof of current ownership, otherwise there is no reason to ever correct people.
mlc1us
10/10/09 04:01 PM

The owner info on Blockshopper is a trust in the name of a law firm. One of the partners in that firm is named Tom Gores.

http://www.perkinscoie.com/tgores/

"Tom Gores practices in the area of personal planning. He helps clients with personal tax and estate planning issues, trust and estate administration, and corporate fiduciary counseling. His practice includes planning for business owners and families on a multi-generational basis, as well as philanthropy planning and valuation issues."

I am not convinced that this is the Billionaire Investor, Tom Gores' house.
borlefborlef
10/10/09 06:30 PM

If that's true, my bad, a friend who has been there for a party said it was Tom Gores' house, and I assumed it was that Tom Gores, and when i checked blockshopper I saw his name and figured he owned it. Thankfully that's the first time I've screwed up like that, that being a unique situation. I still think that the headline for any map that is now owned by someone else should say so, like Diane Keaton's house (former) blanky blank's house (current). Otherwise there is no revision of maps ever.
Pages: 1
Extra information
1 registered and 118 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4252