Please Restore My Posts

Pages: 1
AKpilotEMT
11/11/10 06:30 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hi again,

Just now someone deleted 20 vehicle submissions of mine. Their reason was:

"According to your forum post these this was made to make a point."

I never said that I submitted cars to make a point.
If you can find where I said that, I'll give you my house and everything I own.

Someone else used quotes which makes it look like I said what I'm being accused of, but in reality I never did say that.

To have deleted a group of vehicles that is interesting, a group of vehicles that was not posted in protest, isn't right.

Whoever made this deletion was acting out in an overzealous manner against me. But it's okay as I forgive

Please just see that the posts are restored? Thanks so much. Have a nice day.
Parabellum
11/11/10 06:36 PM

Quote:

...acting out in an overzealous manner...

Hmmm...

BTW, deleted maps can't be restored.
VGT Moderator
AKpilotEMT
11/11/10 06:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

...acting out in an overzealous manner...

Hmmm...

BTW, deleted maps can't be restored.

Can't be restored? I thought I read they were saved and could be restored. If I'm mistaken then my apologies.

I guess I am owed an apology then. Someone acted out against me in deleting those maps when I never said what I have been accused of saying. They were not submitted as a protest nor did I say they were and I am still offering my house and everything I own to whoever can prove I did.
nic
11/11/10 06:49 PM

I can restore them if you truly want them.

The reason the moderators removed your posts was because you've had several quotes like this:

Quote:

Also every single car?? Really? If I really love cars, I could up and down every single street and submit every single car? Every single freakin' car on the whole planet that looks good enough in Street View? Seriously limitless? Look what's happened in the past 24 hours with cars. Is that really a good thing for the site?

Street View is out of hand. Unless there is something truly unique about them, people and cars need to be purged. Someone reading is not unique. A billboard for a movie is pure clutter. Etc. Etc. It doesn't matter if at least one person likes it. There really should be some standard, otherwise let people self-moderate. If you're going to allow basically anything then moderate after-the-fact and/or if someone complains about a truly useless submission . . . although right now I'm not sure what would be truly useless if at least one person likes it. Right?

All the cars and people (and doctor's homes) just doesn't make sense. It's not good for the site.
It's even driven people away.

These quotes are from a day after you personally submitted 25 cars. It seemed, from your quotes like these, that you were submitting the cars not because you enjoyed them but because you were trying to amplify your point.

If our assumption is incorrect, and you truly enjoy those submissions, I can restore your posts.
AKpilotEMT
11/11/10 07:27 PM

I know very well what I said but what I said isn't the same as what I was accused of saying. Those map deletions were sort of a vendetta/witch hunt and it was wrong especially since the reason why they were deleted was completely fabricated.

I submitted vehicles because you accept them. Period.

Does personal enjoyment really factor into a map's approval? It can't. There's no way for you to know if a Street View image of someone reading a book actually gave enjoyment to the person who submitted it. It's just a person reading a book. Who would that thrill? A publisher? A librarian? A book store owner? I reckon the submitter just saw it, it was a little different than someone just walking or standing still, so they submitted it. There doesn't need to be enjoyment involved. How can the Serial Killer Museum, for instance, be an enjoyable submission? Or a Nazi concentration camp? Or probably more than half of the 100,000+ approved maps. Enjoyment? Fun overall, yes. But enjoyment from each individual map? Not required.

I've changed my mind: no need to restore those that were deleted out of vengeance against me personally. I shall let others discover and submit them. Perhaps a GMC Envoy will bring a smile to someone's face while for me it's just something that should be approvable under the Anything Goes As Long As It's Not A Protest policy.

Good Day
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 68 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3770