Forums

Live Local links and Netscape

Pages: 1
Ozzy
01/20/07 01:31 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Is anyone else on this site that uses Netscape having problems with Live Local links? All links just take you to local.live.com on Netscape. The rest of this site works fine, it's just those LL ones that do not work that good on NS. Maybe it's one of those Microsoft things that they design their websites to only work with Internet Explorer, which I think it is against the W3C's recommended standards.

Ozzy
Pdunn
01/20/07 08:47 AM

I don 't use Netscape, but have seen the same condition when cookies are turned off in Firefox.
Ozzy
01/20/07 01:28 PM

My cookies are enabled, and this setting applies for both the Firefox engine and the IE engine which you can switch in NS. The problem is mostly when VGT is viewed in the Firefox engine and a LL link is clicked, it is redirected to the LL home page. If VGT is viewed in the IE engine and the LL link is clicked then it goes to the correct URL. It must be a LL issue because there are many websites that redirect according to the browser. And Microsoft being the owner of LL, they pretty much force you to use IE for just about anything just like Windows Update.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 47 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3495