Forums

Theme Day #1 - A Proposal

Pages: 1
kjfitz
05/07/09 06:02 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
(nic is going to change the title of this Forum to "Games and Contests' so we can do more than just Find-It Games.)

How about we mix things up a bit with a mini scavenger hunt. I'll call it a 'Theme day.' The rules are very simple.

1) I'll post a subject, The Theme (e.g Purple Cows or Green Fords or 747s or Windmills) and everyone will have 24 hours to post as many of the item as possible.

2) To keep things fair I'll start each Theme Day as close as possible to Noon Pacific Time.

3) I'll pre-announce the Theme Day but not the theme a few hours before I announce the theme so everyone will have a fair warning.

4) Keep count of your own submissions by posting a running count on each of your submission in the comment field.

Example: After your 5th Windmill submission on 'Windmill Day' add a comment in the comment field "Windmill 5"

That way we can easily clean them up by deleting all the Theme Day comments after the contest.

NOTE: Each Theme Day will probably have various rules and notes associated with the Theme but we'll deal with that as we go along.

---

Any interest? Ideas? Modifications?
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
adrbr
05/07/09 08:33 PM

"Theme day" I already thought also about that before. Great idea.

Words
Commemorative dates
Numbers
Birthplaces
etc.
Tyco
05/08/09 10:25 AM

Themes are good.
What about theme weekend.

I posted the Rotterdam Windmill before reading this.

Edited by Tyco (05/08/09 10:28 AM)
nic
05/20/09 03:48 AM

I think it's a great idea!

(forum name has been changed)
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 13 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  nic, TexasAndroid, kjfitz, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, AlbinoFlea, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 1326