Forums

Denied finds, why?

Pages: 1
Dania
12/04/11 05:34 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
To the mods.

You do a great job. But...

When you deny a find you only do it. It would be great to message the uploader why.

Is it outdated? New maps after the find.

Duplicate? (Sometimes during a split second the line breaks and the search for duplicates says 0 finds in a radius).

Or what ever.

I'm a mod in another forum and we allways tell the uploader why it was denied and suggest to make it better.

It would also be great if you could tell the uploader to make a find better.

The other way you loose interests in new members.

Your member, Dania.
milwhcky
12/04/11 10:18 PM

Hi Dania,

Do you see the reasons listed on this web page (under "Removed Maps")?:
http://virtualglobetrotting.com/my_maps/

When you are logged in, you can access that page by clicking the "Maps" link in the blue section near the top of the screen.

I haven't rejected any of your maps recently, but I took a look at some of your deleted maps and found reasons listed by other mods. Some of your removed maps were duplicates, but a few were removed by the owner's request.
Dania
12/05/11 02:53 AM

I know it but my denied file wasn't a duplicate. It was a new mapping because Google had updated their maps. I have seen dozens of files that was approved even though it's a view from another angle. Not SV.
mlc1us
12/05/11 01:38 PM

Hi Dania,

As far as I know, duplicates have never been acceptable for updated imagery by a map service, but duplicates do occasionally slip past the moderators. Updating thumbnails is the way to go when new imagery is released by the map services. I did add your new thumbnail to the original map http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/extreme-makeover-home-edition-mccully-family/

When you see a duplicate, it would help us out if you would let us know in a comment.

Thanks!
mlc1us
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
Dania
12/05/11 01:42 PM

ok. thanks.

if I find them I'll let you know. also for outdated files.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 74 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2796