Forums

Google screws up Street View preview feature

Pages: 1
kjfitz
06/16/10 02:01 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Has anyone noticed this new "feature' in Street View?

I used to zoom way out on a map and move the pegman icon over the map to see where SV had been enabled.

I tried it today and while the enabled roads are still highlighted there are now a large scattering of isolated dots everywhere.

Google is using the same highlighting for Panaramio points and they are always on. You can't toggle them off (that I've found so far) to just see the SV enabled areas.
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
Parabellum
06/16/10 08:32 PM

Yeah, I noticed that late yesterday. Weird.
VGT Moderator
mlc1us
06/30/10 11:36 AM

Google's Where is Street View? shows a map without all the Panoramio dots. It's smaller than the maps interface, but much less annoying.
mlc1us
mlc1us
02/20/11 07:35 PM

Quote:

Google's Where is Street View? shows a map without all the Panoramio dots. It's smaller than the maps interface, but much less annoying.

Here is a full screen version of the "Where is Street View" map.
mlc1us
mlc1us
09/10/12 07:05 PM

All those Panoramio dots are gone. I hope the stay gone! Another change happened at the same time Google removed all the blue dots. They added orange dots that link to inside businesses imagery, but you have to be at zoom level 16 (z=16 in the URL) or closer to see them when you move the pegman icon over the map.
mlc1us
mlc1us
09/11/12 12:37 PM

Quote:

All those Panoramio dots are gone.

Looks like I posted this info too soon. They're back.
mlc1us
milwhcky
09/13/12 09:18 PM

If an orange dot is too close to blue panoramio dots, it is impossible to get it to connect us to the orange dot. A few orange dots I've tried in Chicago - one at the Trump Hotel Tower and another at Navy Pier - are among a heavy concentration of blue dots and are impossible to access.

They ought to add options in their drop down menu to check/uncheck each type of dot from the map like they do with photos and wikipedia.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 205 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4401