Forums

Military Ordinance Posts

Pages: 1
zmaster
04/09/06 02:31 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I know it's exciting for a lot of people, but all the military ordinance posts of planes, ships, etc. is getting very tiresome.

Is there any way these can be split off into their own planespotting board or something?

Am I the only one who just gets tire of post after post of jet fighters, old missle bases, etc.?
Hinkkanen
04/09/06 09:02 AM

Doing my best but can't resist a good plane or ship now and then...
kjfitz
04/09/06 12:03 PM

While you aren't alone there are probably just as many people on the board who think they are among the more interesting posts. To each his own.

The site goes through trends that rarely last a week. Yes, there have been many military topic postings in the last two days but last week they were outnumbered eight or nine to one with non military posts. At other times we've had trends of ultra hi res photos from Google Earth, or soccer stadiums, or specific cities or countries. In each case the trend lasts a couple of days and then the postings become more random again.

What you asked for already exists though. Bookmark the categories you like sorted by latest and check those rather than the home page.

Or set up an RSS feed on all the other categories other than the military sites.

Everyone likes one thing or another. Some people hate the lo-res, some people don't want to see the 'island' posts. Some think it's a waste to have to look at commercial buildings. Everyone has different tastes. It would be a bit of an overkill to split each into its own site and enforce posting rules for each site.

With Germany just going hi-res you can probably expect the GE posts to include about ten percent military postings once they heat up. The Bird's Eye View military posts have probably run their course for a while.
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 182 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4059