Forums

New Thumbnails / New URLs

Pages: 1
kjfitz
05/05/06 07:16 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
A lot of new and updated thumbnails have been submitted recently. This is great.

Somtimes (definitely not even most of the time) I update the map URL to the service (GE, YM, LL, BEV) that has the 'best' view. But most of the time the URL remains whatever was originaly submitted regardless of the fact that there may be much better views from another service.

If the view from another service is 'better' than the existing service feel free to enter a new URL in the comments for the map and we'll update the URL to use the 'better' service.

Thanks!
AlbinoFlea
05/11/06 11:19 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply

I'm noticing that the Lat/Lon coordinates for Yahoo don't have as close a correspondence with LL and GM as I'd like. I think this is an issue with the way the coordinates are generated on the fly combined with the manner in which the search area to the left scrolls back without re-centering the map, but I'm not sure... maybe it's just me, maybe it's something they'll work out in the Beta phase, but it makes me hesitant to rely solely on YM as the source of coordinates for a site... I'd rather submit in LL or GM and swap to a YM thumb if need be, leaving the URL set to LL or GM.

Anyone else have similar experiences?
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 163 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3673