Forums

2 little problems

Pages: 1
dda
05/09/06 01:14 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
1) Impossible to change my avatar... A message says : "You can only have alphanumeric characters in your display name. Special characters are not allowed because this allows users to spoof other display names. You may use the _ character to represent a space. " But I don't use space or other character, I just tried to change or delete the avatar picture...

2) When I download the GoogleEarth file of my submissions, I download a blank file called "maps" (no .kml extention). Impossible to open it with GE... (I'm a Mac user)

Nothing really serious.
kjfitz
05/09/06 01:42 PM

1) I have the same problem. nic knows about it.

2) I don't see this. Where are you clicking to launch the GE map? I click on the [GE] under the map thumbnail and it launches GE to the appropriate location.

(You on quite a roll with some good maps lately. Thanks!)
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
dda
05/09/06 02:18 PM

2) I just click on the GoogleEarth icon (the one with the white cross in an orange square)
http://virtualglobetrotting.com/user/dda/maps/?export=yes&f=0&so=0
kjfitz
05/09/06 02:59 PM

I see, you mean for your collection of maps, not a particular map. I didn't read close enough. Sorry.

I just clicked on the link you gave and it launched GE for me and put a full list of all of your posts in the temporary folder like I'd expect. Sounds like something may be messed up with your environment on your PC.
kjfitz
nic
05/09/06 11:36 PM

1) I fixed this problem, sorry it took so long.

2) Maybe your MIME types were not setup correctly? I send back Content-Type: application/vnd.google-earth.kml+xml.

What I also did was 'rename' the output when you click on a link, so, for example, the Google Earth export of Buildings - Prisons will be named "Buildings - Prisons.kml" so you get a file with .kml extension.

Hope that helps.
kjfitz
05/10/06 01:18 AM

You may have to delete your cookies after changing your forum settings. I changed my sig and had to delete my cookies to be able to log back in.
kjfitz
dda
05/10/06 04:49 PM

You fixed the problem #2. You're great ! Now I can see where I forgot to looking for castles... Thanks a lot.

But I have to say that I still have the avatar problem... No more "alphanumeric characters" message but even if I delete the cookies in the settings, My old pict is still there and impossible to load the new one.

But I don't care. It's really not a serious problem.
dda
dda
05/12/06 08:09 PM

All problems are now fixed. Well done. Thanks
dda
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 58 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5311