Forums

Attaching photos to a page

Pages: 1
tos
07/16/05 12:18 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Hi,

I'm wondering that for some ambiguous objets it might be interesting to be able to attach a photo taken from the ground.
There might be an issue in terms of server space, but it could be restricted to "strange" objets for which there is no "More Info" link provided.

Any thoughts ?

Matt
kjfitz
07/16/05 01:01 PM

I'll let Nic answer as to adding the feature but you can always add the URL of the photograph in the comments. I would think there would be copyright complications to actually uploading and storing the photos on this web server though.
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
nic
07/16/05 01:56 PM

Interesting idea. If people wish to send in pictures that they've taken, I could come up with a system to include those on a map's page.

I'd be wary about copyright violations, though, so it'd have to be pictures created by someone who's giving me permission to post.
tos
07/16/05 05:52 PM

You're right: I was thinking about pictures being uploaded by their *authors*, who would grant you permission to store them by uploading them.

Note: the photo author and the map author could be different users.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 80 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2801