Forums

What about Marinas?

Pages: 1
AKpilotEMT
06/22/06 10:16 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
When I think of a harbor, or harbour for you non-Americans, I think of deep water, cruise ships, other ocean-bound vessels of massive size.

When I think of marina, I think many small personal pleasurecraft tied up in individual slips that one can often rent on a yearly basis. Sometimes a marina can have many boats but is still smaller than the area a single, average 19,000 passage cruise ship takes up!

How about adding Buildings - Marinas?

Oh, and perhaps the Harbor category should moved OUT of Buildings? Water = Buildings?? (I know, harbors can have associated buildings such as cruise ship terminals, maintenance, whatever, etc... but still... isn't a harbor more like a lake or a river or a sea than a mall or a school or a skyscraper?)

CW
nic
06/25/06 11:59 PM

The problem that we often run across is, if we were to have both Harbors and Marinas, is how to classify sites that we don't know 100% sure what they "should" be classified as, and I'm sure everyone would have a different opinion on that.

If we have all things that could be either a marina by one definition or harbour by another definition under one category, people can find what they're looking for easier.
AKpilotEMT
07/20/06 01:16 PM

Check out the category: Land > Farms - Vineyards.

See how many there are.

Next step: Type into the search box one word -- marina -- and press Enter on your keyboard.

Methinks based on that that a Marina category is warranted.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 20 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3156