Sort Maps by Location?

Pages: 1
AKpilotEMT
06/24/06 12:09 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Greetings!

So you can Sort my maps and your maps by: Title - Latest - Rating - Views

How awesome would it be to add to that list: Location

Awesome indeed, I would say. Wouldn't you agree?

The list would be alphabetical just as it is now ... and for a bonus, if possible, all 50 U.S. states + D.C. would also be alphabetical and not mixed into the country names.

The site's already great as it is, I like taking part, obviously and I thank everyone for their work on it... but to have that Sort by Location option, well, that would just be, hmmm.... awesome, yeah, that's a good word!

Thanks for considering, have a fantastic day!

CW
nic
06/25/06 11:57 PM

We can definately put it on the todo. Is there a specific reason you'd want to do this?
AKpilotEMT
06/27/06 12:44 PM

Specific reason? Curiousity. That's all. I can't remember everywhere I've submitted for. When looking at your own list, if you have many submissions, and when looking at others' lists who also have many sbumitted maps, to see where in the world you've or they've submitted, that would be a lot of reading, looking through the list at each one. Alphabetically would make that task a lot easier.

CW
AKpilotEMT
07/13/06 07:33 AM

Have I submitted any maps in the Netherlands? Or any from South Dakota? Oh, how easy it would be to check if one could search by Location. Oh, woe is me, woe is me....
romulusnr
07/13/06 12:39 PM

Well, you can use the "Map" view on your "My Maps" page.
kjfitz
07/13/06 12:59 PM

Quote:

Well, you can use the "Map" view on your "My Maps" page.

Well you can UNTIL you have >1000 maps.
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
AKpilotEMT
07/14/06 03:52 AM

Though I don't use it, the map view option is nice, wicked clever, but only until >1000? Besides, I think it would be pretty cool to see a list of all maps grouped by location whether your own or someone else's.

No rush on getting that installed, assuming someday it might be, I just wanted to bring it up again.
romulusnr
07/14/06 06:34 PM

Well....

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/maps/0/?v=2&f=0&so=0

Though it limits to 500 and takes a second or two to load.

But you can also do

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/countries/KP/0/?v=2&f=0&so=0

Basically anywhere there's a thumbnail view, including search results, there's a set of links "View: Thumbs - List - Map". So you can even do:

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/search.php/t/prev/srid/86928/s/0?v=2
kjfitz
07/16/06 05:58 PM

Quote:

Have I submitted any maps in the Netherlands? Or any from South Dakota? Oh, how easy it would be to check if one could search by Location. Oh, woe is me, woe is me....

You can do exactly this in the Advanced Search. Enter your user ID and the State or Country or whatever criteria.
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
AKpilotEMT
07/18/06 11:11 AM

Useful info there, kjfitz. Useful indeed to see if you've done somewhere or not. Still, though, would be darn neat to see the whole list alphabetically by country (and hopefully by U.S. state, too.)
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 9 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6300