Forums

Thoughts on the hunt so far

Pages: 1
TexasAndroid
05/21/07 04:38 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Helipad - I wanted to exclude the more common sites, to make this a bit harder. I obviously missed one common site: Airports. Should have excluded that also. Oh, well. I didn't, so they are valid. It's only one point anyway.

I'm a little surprised we have no inflatable gorrillas yet. Those things always seem to be all over town.

I should not be surprised that people are taking the easy way with identifiable airplanes, and finding commercial jets with their numbers marked on the wings.

As an FYI, a couple of the larger objects that are categories (dams and volcanoes) are limited to high def specifically because it would be far too easy to submit ones in low def. Such are often easily visible in low def, but not particularly interesting as such.

As I explained in a pic comment, the Muffler Men category is intended for the humanoid fiberglass figures of a certain size range. Basically the stuff that roadsideamerica.com tracks in their set of side pages on Muffler Men.

Enough thoughts for now.
TexasAndroid
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator

Edited by TexasAndroid (05/22/07 02:27 PM)
TexasAndroid
05/23/07 06:02 PM

And now we have mlc1us closing in on a perfect hunt. As I see it, he's only missing four maps. A demolished building for two points, and a car accident, a concert, and a house fire at three points each to complete it out. Nice going.
TexasAndroid
kjfitz
05/23/07 07:39 PM

I'm thrilled with how this has gone. We're seeing lots of varied posts of types that we don't usually see.

Good job people.
kjfitz
voldude123
05/24/07 08:58 PM

what does unesco mean?
Pdunn
05/24/07 10:24 PM

United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization
voldude123
05/24/07 10:53 PM

thanks
Pdunn
05/26/07 10:15 AM

As of Saturday, May 26th, it's still anyone's ballgame. Mic1us is a house-fire away from a perfect game. So, if you smell smoke in your neighborhood, you'll know who's to blame. Three Trotters are in a virtual dead-heat with no more than two points separating them from the number two spot and the rest of the field is all within easy striking of the purse!

The hunt is on until June 9th, so if you haven't joined in, there's still plenty of time. In this game, points pile up like cars on a California superhighway. Good hunting!
TexasAndroid
05/30/07 03:43 PM

milwhcky is now three maps away from a perfect game as well. A limo (reletively easy), a car accident (hard), and the elusive house fire that noone has yet to submit. This is going to be close.
TexasAndroid
milwhcky
05/31/07 06:15 PM

Trying to find an interesting limo, but for unfortunately the Lamborghini models I've googled are not out in the open. This gives me something to do when I'm burned out from looking for accidents and fires.

mikeb9991 needs only a gorilla to force a tie with mlc1us.
TexasAndroid
06/07/07 11:39 AM

Two days left to go. A two way tie at a perfect hunt, with a third person only two maps back (though one of those is the building fire. ) If the fire is found, we could easily end with a 3-way tie for first place. Wheee.
TexasAndroid
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 116 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6922