Forums

BEV coordinates encoded again?

Pages: 1
Ozzy
02/05/07 10:57 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Seems that BEV lat/long coordinates are encoded again, at least at the time of this post. I tried several times until I fugured out that it had been changed back to encoded coordinates. So now we have to capture the coordinates from the map's aerial view, what a pain.

Ozzy
dda
02/11/07 01:15 PM

Windows Live Local is definitively not mac friendly and try to makes life difficult.

Impossible to post LL maps. And when it worked, I spent 20 mn to post one place. And I have seen a lot of places I'd want to post.

6 steps just for copying a link, it's absurd. (Especially if it don't works)
dda
Pdunn
02/11/07 01:26 PM

I can understand your frustration with Microsoft. However, I post 90% Live Local Birds Eye maps, 100% from my MAC, usually less than 1 minute per map.
kjfitz
02/11/07 03:39 PM

The quickest way I do it is is simple three step.

(1) Copy the permalink from the BEV view and paste it in the URL field on the submission page.
(2) Switch to LL Aerial mode and get the Permalink and cut the latitude~longitude from the address bar
(3) Double click on the encoded portion of the URL already pasted into the submission page (which selects just the encoded lat/lon) and paste the good lat/long to replace it.

I use Firefox but it should work in IE and MAC too.
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
dda
02/11/07 09:32 PM

Only 3 steps !
Thanks kjfitz.
dda
mlc1us
06/29/07 02:19 PM

Here is a solution that seems to work, at least on Firefox and IE7. Bookmark the following URL and use it to open LL. Then no matter where go, your BEV permalink will have Lon/Lat (not encoded).

http://local.live.com/?style=r&v=1
mlc1us
mlc1us
06/29/07 04:00 PM

After a little more testing, the idea in my previous post doesn't work as well as I thought it did. The BEV url is not encoded, but additional steps are required to get the correct URL.

Start LL with URL: http://local.live.com/?style=r&v=1

When you have BEV view you want, flip to aerial view and then flip back to BEV (then optionally adjust direction and zoom) and then click permalink.
mlc1us
milwhcky
07/15/07 01:38 PM

Perhaps some good news... the last few BEV's I've submitted were not encoded.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 117 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 6742