Forums

Celebrity homes

Pages: 1
AKpilotEMT
11/15/07 05:30 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I've just gotta voice my opinion that celebrity homes is an invasion of privacy. I know it's not truly... but come on, it is. These are regular people like you and me only they get paid a lot more.

If you're gonna keep having celebrity homes, you ought to just open the floodgates to everyone, celebrity or not. Why am I not as important as the bassist for some band that played 30 years ago?

It just makes no sense to me. None at all. This is especially true since so many of these homes do not last forever meaning celebrities sell them and move elsewhere. Is it then still so important because it's the former home of a celebrity? And who's keeping on top of making sure of the current status of each of them?

Worst category on here in my opinion. Completely unneeded and contributing to something that's absolutely wrong with America - celebrity worship. Again, they're just like us only with high profile jobs. Their homes are no more important than Joe Blow of 10 Oak Lane, Tinytown, USA.

Edited by Pdunn (11/15/07 07:36 AM)
Pdunn
11/15/07 07:47 AM

AK,

VGT provides a resource for publicly available material. Its members decide which maps are important to them and catalog the ones THEY find most interesting. From the person who posts numerous landing pads at airports to the guy who posts grain silos around the world, we encourage folks to post and collect maps that THEY enjoy. It adds a wealth of diversity to the site. As for the personal residences of average people and celebrities alike, if they are available in the public record, they are accepted here. However, should any homeowner, celebrity or otherwise, request not to be featured on VGT, we are quick and happy to comply.
jbottero
07/27/08 09:39 AM

I don't think it's an "invasion of privacy", I think it's boooooooring. Huge hous after huge house after huge house after huge house after huge house after huge house after huge house after huge house...

Good grief!
Virtualjunkie
07/28/08 12:42 AM

I think everyone is entitled to an "opinion". Each person brings something different to the pot and theres an audience for every post.

I have no interest in 8000 IKEA plants or 12000 airlines in flight just to name a few but I myself respect each participants interest and dont go announce my discontent.

The interest in celebrity homes can be looked at in various different ways----theres ALWAYS been a curiosity in how the wealthy and celebrity community live----star home tours have been around longer than this site. Atleast here, theres no chance of you violating any laws and nobody is harmed. The fact that the celebrity homes attract far more viewers is telling enough.

It's better to keep in mind that what is good for you may not be for the next guy. Lets respect each others interest.

Edited by Virtualjunkie (07/28/08 12:47 AM)
Pdunn
07/28/08 07:58 AM

Before we get this thread started again, please note that the posting being referred to was from 2005.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 104 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4749