Forums

Full screen mode

Pages: 1
milwhcky
12/17/07 03:01 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I stumbled onto something which enhances viewing scenes in Google Maps and Virtual Earth. Recently, my cat stepped on my F11 key, opening up the full screen mode on my browser, expanding the amount of satellite, birds eye, and street view scenery that appears on the screen.

Pressing the F11 key toggles you in and out of that mode, so it's easy to use if you are multi-tasking. The F11 function works on both Internet Explorer and Firefox, but IE exands the screen a little more, as Firefox keeps an address bar at the top of the screen.

The big benefit is when randomly searching for something unusual in GM or VE, it will allow you to catch items which would otherwise be just out of frame. Most dramatically, Google's street views are nearly doubled in vertical size! (...on my modest 17" monitor - 1024x768)

I'm guessing this is not news to some of you, but I figured it was worth sharing.
Pdunn
12/17/07 07:54 AM

News to me. And good news at that. Thanks for the tip milwhcky!
adrbr
08/12/09 09:03 PM

Very good for thumbnail in big places!
mlc1us
09/16/09 03:37 PM

Here's a Firefox tip for zooming in and out. It's also good for thumbs in big places. Don't know if works with IE or not.
mlc1us
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
kjfitz
09/16/09 05:44 PM

I have a mouse scroll wheel. I can do CTRL-<wheel roll forward> to zoom in and the opposite to scroll out.
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 48 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4327