Forums

Consistancy

Pages: 1
Tyco
09/27/08 10:31 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
My Google Michigan was denied because it was considered a duplicate, but now there are 2 Le Tour de France in Aigurande. One on each side of the same door. Mine was on a different side of a building.
nic
10/01/08 03:26 AM

Hi Tyco,

While technically there are two Google signs on different sides of the building, they meet at the same corner and are only a couple feet apart. You can see both signs in the same shot. We feel that if you can see both signs in the same view, the original submission should only get credit.

For consistency's sake, we've rejected kkep's "Le Tour de France" submission that was of the sign opposite the door of adrbr's submission 9 days earlier.
Tyco
10/01/08 11:36 PM

I was hoping for the opposite results. Sorry to keep harping on it but I am just now seeing your response for the first time. Now that the Hunt is over I am exploring more of the site. I really enjoyed it even with my issues. Sorry, if I spoiled it for anyone, that was not my purpose. It took me a while to learn the ropes, and if I participate in the next one, I will be more selective in my posts. I hope I didn’t flood you too much.

Thanks for all your work on organizing the hunt. I hope you include the words not found in the next hunt. Or have an ongoing hunt to find them. I will post any I find.

tyco
nic
10/02/08 03:43 AM

We are excited for your contributions! I really hope you continue as part of this community. We certainly enjoy the hunts and hope to put them on more regularly.
milwhcky
10/05/08 11:30 AM

Tyco,
If you are still searching for some of the words not found, here is an idea for 'condemned'. There was a movie released in 2007 called 'The Condemned' (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443473/). I looked at many movie marquees hoping to find it, but they were either unreadable or it wasn't playing.

I got way too depressed looking at dilapidated neighborhoods in New Orleans and Detroit for a condemned sign.
Tyco
10/11/08 05:08 PM

I did too mainly Boston and New York/New Jersey. The ones I could read had the movie "Once" which came out 6-9 months before "Condemned".
Thanks for the suggestion.
kkeps
10/23/08 07:33 PM

I feel totally ashamed for even thinking that my "Le tour de France" submission would have worked. I'm a new user and I was just desperate for points.... But at least it was a fair game.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 96 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4543