Forums

Taking a trip with VGT

Pages: 1
milwhcky
11/30/08 02:15 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I figured I'd share a little game I've played using this site. You pick a starting location and an ending location, and try to bounce from VGT map to VGT map using the 50km Nearby Maps list for each map in order to make it from start to finish.

For instance, I made a trip between a few NFL stadiums this evening. I started at Lambeau in Green Bay... bounced my way to Chicago's Soldier Field, then to Indianapolis' Lucas Oil Stadium, and then to Cincinnati's Paul Brown Stadium.

The challenge is made harder if you do not open the maps in Google or Live Maps... just use the city name as a reference to where you are heading. It's easy to go off in the wrong direction because the Nearby Maps can go in any direction, so it obviously helps if you are familiar with some of the stops along the way.

Sometimes you cannot make it in a straight line... for instance to get from Indy to Cincinnati, I found it easiest to go to Dayton and head south.

I've tried a coast-to-coast trip a few times, but I always eventually hit a dead end once I get into rural areas.

Feel free to call me weird for thinking of this, but that's how my brain works sometimes
kkeps
11/30/08 05:22 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Sweet idea!
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 63 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2487