Forums

Whatever Happened to Streetviewr?

Pages: 1
kkeps
11/11/08 10:00 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
streetviewr.com used to be a site I frequently visited for interesting and funny street view pictures. On July 28, the owner of the site said that he/she would be relocating to Singapore, and that it might take a while for updates to come again. That was well over three months ago. I understand waiting a little for more updates, but doesn't this seem to long. According to the site updates page, this is the longest time passed since an update.
kjfitz
11/11/08 10:54 PM

I feel like that about Bird's Eye Tourist. I even edited posts for them for a while. Then their posts started slowing down and then stopped. It has been a year now since their last post. I think smaller communities where the one person running the site doesn't want to share the responsibilities end up burning out and shutting down. It is a lot of work running these sites. We're fortunate to have quite a few active moderators. As one burns out the others fill in.
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
kkeps
12/09/08 08:15 PM

Looks like the owner of Streetviewr has FINALLY gotten back to his site. Apparently, an error was caused by upgrading the site to PHP5.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 136 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2654