Forums

National Radio Astronomy Observatory

Pages: 1
Josema
09/07/05 11:22 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
What was the reason to delete my post? In my Rejected Maps page says "null" under the "Reason" column.
Thanks,
Josema
kjfitz
09/07/05 11:53 AM

Hmm. What was the URL? I'm pretty sure it was a duplicate. Is this the one in Australia? Look through the Australian maps. I think your map is in there but the map is labled differently. You can't just search in the search box.

I don't have a way of seeing the rejected maps data so if you give me the URL you posted I'll look at it again.
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
Josema
09/07/05 01:48 PM

Nop, this is in New Mexico. I don't have the exact URL but I make a new search on Google and got this:
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.076123,-107.621984&spn=0.033837,0.058464&t=k&hl=en
The one that was duplicated was the Canberra DSS post.
Hope this link is useful for you.
Josema
kjfitz
09/07/05 03:26 PM

OK, I got it. The National Radio Astronomy Observatory is also known as the Very Large Array. That's what the original was submitted as by santo in April.

I remember seeing the submission you are talking about recently. But it was a dupe too. Here's the earlier one:

http://googleglobetrotting.com/info.php/mid/2230

Your thumbnail was closer in and consisted of roughly the lower left corner of Santo's thumbnail.
kjfitz
Josema
09/07/05 04:38 PM

Now I see. I search by VLA but not the full name. No problem.
Thanks.
Josema
kjfitz
09/07/05 05:05 PM

It's really easy to miss nearby maps on subjects this big. When the subject is tens of KMs across they won't register on the Nearby maps if your center is far off from the original's center. I only remembered this particular oone was already in the database because I submitted it too but later realized it was a dupe.
kjfitz
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 51 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4673