Forums

why car?

Pages: 1
giove
04/10/09 07:47 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Which is the utility of submit image of every kind of car we found in street view? It could be intersting some particular kind of car (rare, expensive, prototype...) but all the other?
Climb in back, heaven's waiting on down the tracks
Pdunn
04/10/09 07:54 AM

Because that is what the users who submit them enjoy. End of story.
alfjon
07/13/09 04:14 PM

I see a bigger problem that some here submits alot of "beautiful lady" street view maps all the time. I think those maps have no place here, they are not interesting.
Ladys should only be spooted IRL. Not on maps.
Pdunn
07/14/09 07:33 AM

Are you proposing some sort of censorship committee, where we appoint vice and virtue police to judge each map by what we deem to be "interesting" to the masses and ban all those maps that would only appeal to a minority of viewers?
alfjon
07/14/09 07:57 AM

Quote:

Are you proposing some sort of censorship committee, where we appoint vice and virtue police to judge each map by what we deem to be "interesting" to the masses and ban all those maps that would only appeal to a minority of viewers?

What an reaction??

No but maps should be in line with the categories and they should be interesting.

Category: Events - People doing Interesting Things
http://virtualglobetrotting.com/category/streetview/events-people-doing-things/

This catehory is Not interesting anymore.
Pdunn
07/14/09 03:31 PM

I apologize if I over reacted to your suggestion. However, you do see how subjective your request is. My point is that someone would not have submitted the map if they did not find it interesting themselves. Viewers are free, even encouraged, not to click on the maps they don't find interesting. Rest assured; however, we are not going to start banning people's maps based on the fact some people don't share the poster's interest in the subject.

Edited by Pdunn (07/14/09 06:26 PM)
alfjon
07/15/09 08:24 AM

No why should you bann people? That´s not the way to go. The categorys are here, but mayby put some harder rules that the maps should be interesting and not just a random person walking down the street.

I can see this could be a problem when street view comes to Sweden/Denmark. All blondes and other hot babes.

But this was only 1 submitters opinion. I try to submit interesting maps to keep up the quality of the website anyway.
Pdunn
07/15/09 08:29 AM

Thanks, Alfjon, we do value your contributions.

Perhaps the solution will be to add more categories within the categories for all those blondes and hot babes in Sweeden/Denmark. And I agree that I don't find all the maps interesting; however, what I do find interesting is the different user preferences from around the world. Each map tells a story in itself.
alfjon
07/15/09 02:15 PM

Yes the different preference is a really good thing, it keeps this site alive.

I am a heavy truck entusiast, but I admit, I will not spam the cars and trucks category with all I find. I try to find interesting maps so it not be any random white truck on the road. Hehe.

Well Street View are not finished in Sweden yet, I did see a picture of a Google car on a forum posted today in Stockholm. So there is time for more categorys.
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 247 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 4778