Forums

scarface bolivian estate

Pages: 1
borlefborlef
10/19/09 09:24 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/scarface-bolivian-estate/view/?service=1

Please update with in the decription box and/or in title, where people can actually see revision.

This house is owned by William J Woods Jr, son of the founder of World Minerals Inc. a mineral extraction company that creates polymers and filtration systems.

When updates only get puts in the comments section, nobody notices and there's no point in revising. thanks.
tlp333
10/20/09 12:20 AM

What you are doing, though, is asking us to update someone else's post, and they may not want it updated. Trust me, that post is going to get a lot more views as the former Scarface Bolivian Estate, than for example, a post of William J. Woods, Jr.'s House, who no one will ever know or care about (just my opinion of course).

Please put the update in the comments like we asked or please leave it alone. Do you have proof that no one notices the update in the comments? I know I alwasy scroll down and look at the whole post. How would you know what other people see or not?

In my opinion, you should worry more about how to create a correct URL at this point, and keep your own posts updated, and you will find that is enough of a job in itself. I am also seeing some people putting comments on your posts of incorrect ownership, so you might want to focus on researching a little more closely on your own stuff and not worry so much about other people's posts.

Thanks for your cooperation.
borlefborlef
10/20/09 01:25 AM

Yes, I HAVE PROOF, I HIRED ANTHONY PELLICANO AND HE CONFIRMED IT!!!!
Why would anyone randomly look when it isn't put in the latest added list and the title is never updated. You don't know if new comments are posted unless you check that map, and I don't think people want to go back and click on the map to check the comments just to see if someone has the correct info on it.
tlp333
10/20/09 02:34 AM

You hired who? To confirm what? I think you have lost your marbles and probably wasted your money.

Why would anyone care who these people are or even search for them in the first place? You're just going up and down a street and posting random people's homes, such as college professors, for example. A college professor doesn't really fit into any category we have here at VGT. I defend your right to post it, but don't go thinking that people are gonna actually search and look for these people's homes you are posting. They are not notable for any reason, and I can prove that, because you rarely, if ever, post a "More Info" link to tell anyone who the heck they even are, and why they are important to you. We have asked you to do that, and you ignore us.

I personally know when new comments are posted to this site, because Moderators have access to a page to see ALL comments, and we check them regularly. It helps us to filter out spam, profanity, and other useless comments that do not have anything to do with the post. Just because we don't decide to edit the post the way you "order" us to, doesn't mean the Moderators do not see it. We just may choose to let it be.

If you are going to provide an update, like you did above, you should at least in your description, include what was there before.

For example, "This house is owned by William J Woods Jr, son of the founder of World Minerals Inc. a mineral extraction company that creates polymers and filtration systems."

You may have also wanted to add, "This estate was also used as Drug Lord Alejandro Sosa's Bolivian Estate in the movie "Scarface"." That would help to maintain the original integrity of the post, which is also the reason why it was posted here in the first place. If we don't include that, then how would someone search and find any "Scarface" movie locations, if that is something they wanted to try and find?

You could also stand to learn how to reduce the redundancy in your Post Name and Post Description. You already tell me that it is "William J Woods Jr's House" in the title. You don't have to tell me again in the description.

A better description for your post would be, "This house is owned the son of the founder of World Minerals Inc., a mineral extraction company that creates polymers and filtration systems."

I can tell you one thing. The attitude you have come in here with, trying to tell everyone what to do, is not appreciated. You need to follow the guidelines and what the Moderators tell you, or it's gonna be a rough ride for all of us.

Like I said before, your first order of business, before you start bossing people around, and hiring people to investigate things for you, would be to figure out how to construct a proper URL, and thumbnail, and make sure your own research, on your own posts, is correct, and not worry so much about other people's posts.

That would be appreciated.

If you have any questions about constructing a URL, thumbnail, or how to do a proper update to a Post Name or Post Description, please let me know. I would be happy to help you.
kjfitz
10/20/09 12:42 PM

The comments section is the appropriate location to add comments on another person's post. There is no reason for us to make modifications to the description text for every additional piece if info found on a map. That is the reason the comment field exists.

If YOU have an error in YOUR OWN map that you'd like fixed enter it in the comment field and we'll consider fixing it depending on what the request is.
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 35 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2979