Forums

Ideas for what we can find

Pages: 1
milwhcky
04/08/11 01:10 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Are you ever like me... in the mood to post a series of maps to the site, but feeling stumped on what to find? This time of year, I do not have much time to search for myself, but I still duck in to see everyone's submissions every day. To help those of you who have time to hunt things down, here are a few of my ideas.

2011 is the 150th anniversary of the start of the US Civil War (1861-65). I'd love to see a bunch of maps about this important time in the nation's history.

Here's one for Street View fans. Many U-Haul rental trucks and trailers feature designs on the side called "SuperGraphics". (Read more here). I'm curious to see how many different designs we can capture. Give yourself a pat on the back if you find them out in the open, and not in a U-Haul parking lot. (For our international visitors, U-Haul owns a large fleet of rental trucks and trailers in the United States and Canada.)

With all of the hi-res Street View coverage in rural Canada, there ought to be some impressive wildlife within sight of the road. I've looked far and wide for a moose, but I've had no luck. Bears and deer would also be great finds.

Have fun with this... and feel free to provide your own ideas in this thread!
adrbr
04/09/11 02:46 PM

U-Haul rental trailers - New Orleans

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/u-haul-rental-trailers-new-orleans/
nic
04/20/11 01:41 AM

The U-Haul postings are really cool!
kjfitz
04/20/11 02:22 AM

Look for a cool u-haul blog post in May or June...
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 167 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 2792