Forums

Incorrect Deletion

Pages: 1
jdubble07
10/15/10 03:45 PM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
Engin Yesil\'s House Duplicate 2010-10-15 10:59:36

Yesil does have another house nearby, but the home on Fisher Island is not a duplicate.
nic
10/16/10 01:39 PM

Thanks jdubble07, I've recovered and approved your map.
CEMaine
07/24/11 07:43 AM

I had two maps deleted yesterday due to URL issues. I used the VGT submission tool so am not quite sure why they are wrong.

Edited by CEMaine (07/24/11 07:47 AM)
nic
07/24/11 11:59 AM

Hi CEMaine,

What is the reason specified? It should be listed on your My Maps page.
ZWoods
07/24/11 01:06 PM

Hello nic -

For those of us that have had trouble finding our My Maps page (or at least finding any of our rejected or deleted maps on a page that could be the My Maps page), could you detail how we find that page?

Is it just Achievements, then the Maps tab? If so, how can we tell from there which ones are rejected / deleted?

I also can not click on a link for any of the maps that I receive notifications that they are deleted, as far as I can tell.

Just trying to understand how I can access information that will help me to understand the reasons for a deletion / rejection.

Thanks,

Zach
nic
07/24/11 05:28 PM

Hi Zach,

In the bar of links starting with "Home" when you're logged in, there should be a "Maps" link. This goes here:
http://virtualglobetrotting.com/my_maps/

There should be a list of maps that have been removed, and the reasons why.

CEMaine: I'm taking a look into the AutoSubmitter to see if it's causing problems. I'll let you know soon.
nic
07/24/11 11:19 PM

I found a problem with the AutoSubmitter. It wasn't correctly submitting BEV maps as you've noticed.

I fixed the AutoSubmitter and it should work great for BEV scenes now. Please update and let me know if you see any future problems.
http://virtualglobetrotting.com/autosubmitter/setup.exe

One thing you can do with you next few submissions is validate that the URL it is generating gives you the same view as what you see in the AutoSubmitter. i.e., after you click on "Submit" in the Auto Submitter, take the URL from the VGT submission page and paste it into a new web browser and make sure it looks the same.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!
mlc1us
07/25/11 08:02 PM

CEMaine,

Quote:

I had two maps deleted yesterday due to URL issues. I used the VGT submission tool so am not quite sure why they are wrong.

Given the fact that nic found a problem with the Auto Submitter, I corrected the URL of the 1st map you mentioned and approved it.
http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/portland-museum-of-art-by-im-pei/

Since the 2nd map was an attempt to post the same museum previously rejected, we cannot accept it because it is a duplicate.

Thanks for bringing the problem to light!
mlc1us
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
hhgygy
07/31/11 01:33 PM

You deleted my post of Mahabodhi temple saying that it is already posted.
But as you can see in the Wikipedia article's photo, the big temple is 1.14 km NE from the posted location which is actually a giant Buddha statue so the ORIGINAL post is wrong.
The post says "Mahabodhi temple complex", and I wanted to post the temple itself whose photo is clearly seen on the satellite image as seen in the relevant Wikipedia Article
I will try to post it once again if you agree
Or can you restore my post?

Edited by hhgygy (07/31/11 01:40 PM)
milwhcky
07/31/11 02:26 PM

My mistake. I'll retrieve the deleted map and approve it.

I saw your info link pointed to the temple, which was already posted. I didn't look into it any further to determine your intention for a nearby location.
K7ISS
08/19/11 08:52 PM

Milwhcky..... I attempted to upload and submit a new version of the Bug on a pole but it got deleted as a dup. I wasn't able to figure out how to edit my own submitions. I also had one deleted that was a Ladder by the road. I deleted the comment and reason for why it was before i realized what it was. What was that one for so i can fix it.

The Ladder was in AR. and the Bug is in my priors still.

Thanks

Tony
milwhcky
08/20/11 01:20 AM

Hi Tony,

The ladder map was rejected because you submitted a Bing URL with a Google Streetview thumbnail. Submissions must have a URL which matches the thumbnail submitted with it. It's a good idea to test your URLs in another window before submitting them.

I took a quick stab at finding the ladder in Google to fix the mistake for you, but I didn't find it. You can resubmit that map with a matching URL and thumbnail.

The Ladybug on a pole was deleted as a dupe because I approved your submission the first time. It just needs a cleaner thumbnail, so I approved it hoping you'd get the comment message to submit a new thumb.

Some of your maps thumbs are showing what looks to be part of your desktop. For aesthetic reasons, the thumbs should be a clean 150x150 view of the scene. This evening, I posted further instructions on how to submit an updated thumbnail in the comments on your ladybug map.

Because you are new, I gave you a little bit of a pass with these problems. In the future, you'll find map submissions with problems will be rejected.

I won't be around much this weekend if you have questions, but feel free to reply if you don't understand or you get stuck.

Todd (milwhcky)
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 49 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 5053