Buckden Towers

Buckden Towers


Buckden, United Kingdom (GB)
Buckden Towers, formerly known as Buckden Palace, is a 12th century fortified manor house, located on High Street, Buckden, Cambridgeshire, England.

Though often stated as being built in the 15th century, it was actually built in the late 12th century, when records show it as being used to house the Bishops of Lincoln. The tall brick tower was added in 1475, protected by walls and a moat, and surrounded by an outer bailey. It was used by the bishops until 1842.
Buckden Towers, formerly known as Buckden Palace, is a 12th century fortified manor house, located on High Street, Buckden, Cambridgeshire, England.

Though often stated as being built in the 15th century, it was actually built in the late 12th century, when records show it as being used to house the Bishops of Lincoln. The tall brick tower was added in 1475, protected by walls and a moat, and surrounded by an outer bailey. It was used by the bishops until 1842.
View in Google Earth Palaces, Castles
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: LancelotLink

Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement