CCGS Alexander Henry is a former Canadian Coast Guard icebreaker and currently a museum ship preserved at the Marine Museum of the Great Lakes in Kingston, Ontario.
Built at Port Arthur Shipbuilding Co. Ltd., Port Arthur, she was commissioned into the Department of Transport's Marine Service as CGS Alexander Henry using the prefix "Canadian Government Ship". She was transferred in 1962 to the newly-created Canadian Coast Guard and is named after Alexander Henry, an 18th Century British explorer and fur trapper.
CCGS Alexander Henry served her entire coast guard career on the Great Lakes. She was launched in 1958, commissioned in 1959, and retired from service in 1984 after CCGS Samuel Risley entered service.
By kjfitz @ 2008-02-05 14:39:32