Former Denby Railway Station

Former Denby Railway Station


Kilburn, United Kingdom (GB)
Denby Station was a railway station on the branch line Little Eaton to Ripley opened by the Midland Railway in England. Orignally the station opened as Smithy Houses 1st Septmeber 1856, renamed Denbey 1st November 1856, renamed once again but this time as Denby 1st February 1878, closed its passenger services 1st June 1930 and closed its goods services 4th Jaunary 1965.

What's left today:
Today the track have been lifted and are long gone. The station house survives as a private resident and both platforms also survive, but are greatly overgrown.
Denby Station was a railway station on the branch line Little Eaton to Ripley opened by the Midland Railway in England. Orignally the station opened as Smithy Houses 1st Septmeber 1856, renamed Denbey 1st November 1856, renamed once again but this time as Denby 1st February 1878, closed its passenger services 1st June 1930 and closed its goods services 4th Jaunary 1965.

What's left today:
Today the track have been lifted and are long gone. The station house survives as a private resident and both platforms also survive, but are greatly overgrown.
View in Google Earth Land - Rail
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: Drudii

Advertisement

Around the World Mailing List

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement