Dekaury, a 260-ton harbor tug built at Jacksonville, Florida, was placed in service in early 1943. Initially assigned to the First Naval District, in New England, she was reclassified YTB-178 in May 1944. In 1946, she was transferred to the 12th Naval District, in the San Francisco Bay area. Laid up in 1947-50, Dekaury was returned to service at the Mare Island Naval Shipyard in September 1950 and remained active into the 1980s. Reclassified YTM-178 in the 1960s, she was stricken from the Naval Vessel Register in September 1985.

After her time in the Navy she became the fire boat for the port of Stockton, California. And recently returned to San Francisco Bay.
View in Google Earth Categories: Sea - Fireboats, Sea - Tugboats
Links: hters.org
By: kjfitz
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement