Detroit's Fort-Shelby Hotel was constructed in 1917 as a 10 story hotel at the corner of First & Lafayette Streets. Albert Kahn designed a 21 story addition for the hotel, which was completed in 1927, doubling the size of the hotel to 900 rooms. The hotel faltered in the 1960s and 1970s. The hotel eventually closed. The Fort-Shelby remains vacant.
View in Google Earth Categories: Hotels, Abandoned
Links: www.flickr.com
By: alfjon
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
jbottero picture
@ 2006-10-01 17:45:13
More pictures (lots of ineriors) of this ruin here:

http://www.forgottendetroit.com/fsh/index.html
jbottero picture
@ 2013-01-19 15:36:11
Fully restored, now a Double-Tree...
Advertisement