Frauenkirche (Our Lady's Church)

Frauenkirche (Our Lady's Church)


Nuremberg, Germany (DE)
Emperor Charles IV had the Church of Our Lady's (Frauenkirche) built here between 1355 and 1358 on the site of the destroyed synagogue of the former Jewish quarter (pogrom in 1349). It was the first Gothic hall church in Franconia, constructed as an Imperial court chapel with three aisles. Its builder was presumably Peter Parler, the master builder of the Prague St Vitus' Cathedral...
Emperor Charles IV had the Church of Our Lady's (Frauenkirche) built here between 1355 and 1358 on the site of the destroyed synagogue of the former Jewish quarter (pogrom in 1349). It was the first Gothic hall church in Franconia, constructed as an Imperial court chapel with three aisles. Its builder was presumably Peter Parler, the master builder of the Prague St Vitus' Cathedral...
View in Google Earth Religious - Christianity
Links: www.nuernberg.de
By: neotrix

Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement