Jake the Giant Crab
Jake's Famous Crawfish has been a downtown Portland landmark for more than 110 years. This menacing gargantuan crustacean is often seen securing the premises.
Artwork - Advertising
Please enter the Anti-Spam code
@ 2007-05-09 05:24:36
Thanks for the great maps, scalpod! Unfortunately, posting Birds Eye View maps are a little more complicated than simply posting the "View Permalink" coordinates. A little "surgery" to the link is also involved.
Here is a Tutorial kjfitz devised that explains the whole process:
Here is a quick tutorial for getting the correct URLs for BEV. It looks complicated but is very quick and simple. Don't let the number of steps scare you away from trying it.
1) Navigate to a BEV view that you like
2) Select 'Share -> View Permalink' from the blue banner across the top of the map
3) Copy the URL and paste it into VGT's Submit page in the URL field
The URL you just copied is a good URL but the lon/lat has been encoded (ry6sc94t1c2g).
It isn't encoded in the aerial view so we can grab it from there instead and paste it in.
4) Click on Aerial in the navigation box in the upper left corner of the BEV page
5) Click on Share -> View Permalink
6) Click on the Permalink
7) Copy the long/lat from the URL in your address bar
Yeilds the long/lat of:
8) Replace the encoded long/lat with the unencoded long/lat
@ 2007-05-09 09:59:04
From now on, Jake the Giant Crab is my new hero...
@ 2007-05-09 10:42:57
Old movie camera with three lenses
Missing cat poster
Flag of Portland
Show location URL
View at google.com
Download to Google Earth (KML)
Submit location to VirtualGlobetrotting