The Majestic, like the rest of downtown East St. Louis, has been in a state of decay for years.

The Majestic Theater opened in 1928, as part of the St. Louis-based Samuel Komm Theatre chain. The theater closed in 1960. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1985. As of 1998, a state bill had been floated to fund the building's restoration; the building's unchanged condition since attests that the effort ended with no results.

http://www.riverweb.uiuc.edu/cgi-bin//diglib?ID=2764
View in Google Earth Categories: Abandoned, Theatres - Movie
Links: www.builtstlouis.net
By: jbottero
Advertisement

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
Advertisement