The DeRidder USO building was the first separate facility used as a United Service Organization Club in the US. It was completed in 1941 and served as a center for thousands of troops stationed in the DeRidder area during WWII.
After the war the building was purchased by the American Legion Post #27. In 1946 the citizens of Beauregard parish voted a tax for its maintenance. It was named War Memorial Civic Center in memory of 47 Beauregard parish boys who gave their lives in WWII.
Categories: Buildings - Novelty / Interesting
, Buildings - Flags