Forums

B-17 question

Pages: 1
daggerwell
01/20/07 10:22 AM

Edit Reply Quote Quick Reply
I have a map ready to post of the B-17G "Yankee Doodle II" on static display at the 8th Air Force Museum, Barksdale AFB in Louisiana. My thumbnail is of the B-17 only and my external link is specific to "Yankee Doodle II". This plane is also visible in a map submitted by kjfitz 2005-08-11 which is a general view of the 8th Air Force Museum. Would my map be considered a duplicate?
Thanks.
Parabellum
01/20/07 10:36 AM

We have many "maps within maps" here. As long as you're bringing new information to the table (ID-ing the plane) it's a valid map in my book.

Fitz? Comments?
VGT Moderator
kjfitz
01/20/07 12:02 PM

I agree absolutely. We often have a map posted of some general location and later someone breaks down the location into many more specific maps. Perfectly legit and actually encouraged.

Someone some day is going to take all the air museums and break them down into their individual planes. I did for the Le Bourget Air Museum in Paris because I had ground level pictures.

Keep up the good work!
kjfitz
Virtual Globetrotting Moderator
Pages: 1
Extra information
0 registered and 34 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TexasAndroid, kjfitz, AlbinoFlea, Hinkkanen, Pdunn, Parabellum, dda, mlc1us, milwhcky, gordonhigh, Xeba73, tallturtle82, Fab, Matheus_ 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Topic views: 3782