This battery was armed with 2-12-inch B.L..Gun, Model 1895M1 no 61 and 75, manufactured by Watervliet Arsenal. The distance between the guns was 420 feet. Originally # 68 was installed, but was damaged during proof firing in 1928 and was replaced with #75 in 1929. The guns cost $50,000.00, and weighted 144700 lbs and had a range of 29,300 yards and there were 34 manufactured.. This was one of the few batteries that had spare tubes, Model 1895 MIA-2 # 44 and 63.
These gun's were mounted on a Barbette carriage Model # 1917 nos. 2 & 3, later changed to a 1919 MI, which was a high elevation, carriage, that did not need a hoist like most of the Barbette carriages to do the loading. These were manufactured by the Watertown Arsenal and it also had the longest range of all the batteries at Fort Barry, (29,300). The carriage cost $42,800.00. There were 32 built: Original emplacements: 22 US, 8 Terr, 6 relocations Time of emplacements: 1917-1922, relocations 1940-1943 Number of Bolts:12 inner, 24 outer Circle Diameter: 12' 1" inner 17' 0.5" outer.