The tomb measures 13 metres in length.
The cairn was excavated in 1936, when the remains of two men were found inside.
A broken Unstan Ware bowl was also found, along with flint and bone tools.
Over the years, the cairn has become badly damaged, although a modern roof and entrance were later added to protect the remains, which are only a few feet high. The new roof contains windows, providing the light needed to fully appreciate the hard work which went into creating this site. The modern entrance provides access by a ladder and a hatchway in the roof. The original entrance was sealed up when the cairn was abandoned.