1986 (station established 1853). Active; focal plane 41 m (135 ft); white light, 2 s on, 2 s off, 2 s on, 4 s off. 38 m (125 ft) square pyramidal concrete tower painted in a blue and yellow spiral pattern. The original lighthouse was deactivated in 1967 and demolished, and there was no light until this tower was built in 1986. Located on a promontory east of the entrance to the harbor of Santo Domingo, on the south coast of the country.
Links: www.unc.edu, www.trabas.de