Former Ellon Railway Station

Former Ellon Railway Station


Ellon, United Kingdom (GB)
Ellon Station was a railway station in Scotland. The station was part of the now closed Formartine and Buchan Railway, but at the time named as Ellon for Cruden. The station was later used as a junction for the Boddam Branch line. The station was opened 18th July 1861, renamed 2nd August 1897 and finally closed 4th October 1965.

What's left today:
The trackbed through the former station site has been converted into a cycle and footpath. None of the station buildings survive, but the platforms and the base of a water tower still remain.
Ellon Station was a railway station in Scotland. The station was part of the now closed Formartine and Buchan Railway, but at the time named as Ellon for Cruden. The station was later used as a junction for the Boddam Branch line. The station was opened 18th July 1861, renamed 2nd August 1897 and finally closed 4th October 1965.

What's left today:
The trackbed through the former station site has been converted into a cycle and footpath. None of the station buildings survive, but the platforms and the base of a water tower still remain.
View in Google Earth Land - Rail
Links: en.wikipedia.org
By: Drudii

Advertisement

Around the World Mailing List

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload

Advertisement