The station opened when the Holmenkollen Line was extended 28th June 1928. The station closed in 1985 due to its proximity to Majorstuen Station. It was also too difficult and dangerous to expand the station to accmmodate trains with more than two carriges. The station was also a light rail station for the Briskeby Line on the Oslo Tramway.
What's left today:
The station building has now become a fast food café. The staircase to the platforms is maintained to provide access to emergency and maintenance personnel and for usage as an emergency exit.
There were also illuminated billboards behind the platforms, but from December 2013 the lights have either been damaged or stolen. The rails passing through the site are also still active and the station can be seen from passing trains.