Built in 1926 by Paramount Pictures Inc. and designed by John Eberson, it was the first of many Atmospheric style theatres.
Buildings - Theaters
After years of showing films, the former Olympia Theatre was purchased in 1970 by Maurice Gusman for the Miami Philharmonic Orchestra.
Renamed as the Maurice Gusman Cultural Center, the theater reopened in 1972. In 1975, the theatre was donated to the City of Miami and underwent a two-year renovation.
It is now called the Gusman Center for the Performing Arts.