Hanford KW and KE Reactors

Hanford KW and KE Reactors


Richland, Washington (WA), US
Hanford's "sister reactors", the K-East and the K-West Reactors, were built side-by-side in the early 1950’s. The two reactors went operational within four months of each other as K-West went into service in January of 1955 and K-East started operations in April of that same year. K-West was the seventh reactor built at Hanford; K-East was the eighth. The two reactors both ran for more than fifteen years before being shut down in 1970 and 1971.
Hanford's "sister reactors", the K-East and the K-West Reactors, were built side-by-side in the early 1950’s. The two reactors went operational within four months of each other as K-West went into service in January of 1955 and K-East started operations in April of that same year. K-West was the seventh reactor built at Hanford; K-East was the eighth. The two reactors both ran for more than fifteen years before being shut down in 1970 and 1971.
View in Google Earth Historical, Power - Nuclear
Links: www.hanford.gov
By: jbottero

Advertisement

Around the World Mailing List

Comments

Policies
Please enable images and enter code to post
Reload
jbottero picture
@ 2013-06-08 20:17:48
All that's left now is the reactor core building.

Advertisement