The original depot was built in 1887 by the Michigan Central Railroad, replacing an earlier structure. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places on July 11, 1975.
Transportation - Rail, Safari Submissions
The station was rebuilt as a multi-modal facility in the early 21st century. The project was a collaboration between local, state, and federal authorities, with the Department of Transportation awarding a $3.8 million grant.