The fishing lodge of Russian emperor and grand duke of Finland Alexander III by the Langinkoski rapids. He came here for a fishing trip 1880, liked the place and returned a few years later. The senate of the Grand Duchy took measures to have a villa built for the sovereign and his family on the banks of the Langinkoski rapids. The lodge was designed by architect Magnus Schjerfbeck, the interior decorating by architect Jac. Ahrenberg and building started in 1888. The lodge has been a museum since 1933.
Museums - History, Homes - Historic