Philipsburg Manor is a historic house, water mill, and trading site located in Sleepy Hollow, New York.
Homes - Historic
The manor dates from 1693 when Frederick Philipse of Yonkers was granted a charter for 52,000 acres (210 km²) along the Hudson River by William and Mary of England. He built Philipsburg Manor at the confluence of the Pocantico and Hudson Rivers, creating it as a provisioning plantation for the Atlantic sea trade and as headquarters for a world-wide shipping operation. For more than thirty years, Frederick and his son Adolph shipped hundreds of African men, women, and children as slaves across the Atlantic.