Punta Carretas Lighthouse (Faro Punta Carretas), also known as Punta Brava Lighthouse, is a lighthouse in Punta Carretas, Montevideo, Uruguay. It was erected in 1876. The lighthouse has a height of 21 meters high and its light reaches 15 miles away, with a flash every ten seconds. In 1962 the lighthouse became electric. The lighthouse is important for guiding boats into the Banco Inglés Buceo Port or the entrance of the Santa Lucía River, west of Montevideo city.