Rock Spring was named for the sparkling stream of water that flowed from the rocks across Piedmont Road from where the church now stands. The Church was first formed in a school house, November 13, 1870. In 1871, the founding 27 members built a white frame church on the present site.
Religious - Christianity, Buildings - Religious
The current sanctuary was completed in 1923. Designed by a Welsh Architect, Charles H. Hopson, it is modeled after a typical Anglican chapel. The sanctuary was expanded in 1953 and additions were made to the education wing in 1955 and 1963. Both the church and the manse (pastor's residence next door) were place on the National Registry of Historic Buildings in 1989. Among other Ministries to the community, the church organized the second chapter of Girl Scouts of America.